Lutana family loses home

Written By miftah nugraha on Senin, 24 Juni 2013 | 19.55

This Lennox Ave home was extensively damaged in an overnight fire. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES

A LUTANA family has been sifting through the ashes of their home today after it was gutted by fire.

Tasmania Fire Service crews were called to the Lennox Ave property shortly before 10pm yesterday.

The home was well alight when crews arrived and it was too late to save it.

It took firefighters an hour and a half to extinguish the flames.

The cause of the blaze has been deemed accidental.

The Mercury understands a man and his child were asleep inside the home when the man woke to find the lounge room engulfed in flames.

All occupants escaped uninjured but the family was today searching for its "moggy"-- a multi-coloured cat.

It appears likely the blaze was caused by an open fire.

The family has lost everything, according to witnesses, with the damage bill estimated at about $400,000.

The fire is the latest in a string of blazes in the state's south in recent weeks.

The TFS is reminding people to ensure working smoke alarms are fitted, open fires are guarded and clothes and upholstery are kept well away from heaters.

Click here for more home fire safety tips.

Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

Lutana family loses home

Dengan url

Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

Lutana family loses home

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

Lutana family loses home

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar Techie Blogger Techie Blogger